Wednesday, February 22, 2012

About commenting to My Posts

     I've been having some trouble managing the comments--as in I'm not getting any from registered readers, but anonymously sent ones seem to be getting through, at least sometimes. I've tinkered some more with the settings to see if it will help, but if you don't get the "Your comment has been submitted" message at the top of your page, then I won't receive it. If you can't send one while logged in, try logging out and sending it anonymously.
     If this still doesn't work, I'll turn off comment moderation. But in that case--and in fact even for moderated comments--please keep in mind something before you comment. While I believe in the marketplace of ideas (I've taught college-level courses on First Amendment, after all), I didn't establish this bog to have people tell me that I'm wrong. (Constructive correction of details, yes; viewpoint, no). Elaboration, correction of minor matters, and constructive, helpful criticism are welcome. Challenges to my opinion are not.
     Despite my intemperate remarks on this blog, I'm not close-minded. In the right forum, when I'm engaged in a non-adversarial mutual search for the truth with someone else, you would likely be amazed at how much I'm willing to put on the table, up to and including the existence of God, the truth of the Catholic faith, and the evil of abortion (at least arguendo).  But this blog isn't that forum. So play nice, please.
   Also, like an imprimatur, my approval of comments doesn't necessarily indicate that I agree with the opinions expressed therein. The comment authors are responsible for their own comments.

No comments: